I called a neighbor to come sit with the kids and to be with them for the time being until we knew more of what was going on.
By 230 am I was on the road to Phoenix. The longest 2 hour drive, that seemed to pass in an instant.
I arrived back to PCH and made it up to the ICU. Seeing her back in the bed, hooked up to all those machines again was gut wrenching. I walked in and held her hand, telling her I was here and to hang in there. Gave Jared a hug and exhaled finally.
Today was spent waiting for doctors to decide on whether she needed another MRI or not. In the end after talking with them and reviewing MRI ad CT scans from days past we decided there was not a need for one today. Ventricles were an appropriate size, no evidence of excess fluid around brain or of a shunt problem.
It was debated and decided to keep her intubated for the night, hooked up to EEG, and on sedatives to give her a night to rest after the last two days of not much rest.
It is scary to see your child in this position and to not be able to help them.
There are no answers to why she is having the seizures or what causes them. She remains on Keppra for the time being.
Hoping and praying all goes smooth tonight! Thank you again for the continued support!